Epson printer recasts the theory of printings that successfully satisfies all your printing demands for both personal and professional use by offering high-quality prints.
But nowadays, users are facing with Epson printer error code 0xe5 that primarily happens due to multiple reasons.
One of the main reasons for this error is a virus or malware attack that corrupt the internal system files or the driver application on your device.
A hardware malfunction or the paper jams, or faulty paper in the printer are equally qualified for this Epson error code.
However, there are some effective ways that we are going to discuss in this article. All of them can surely help you to fix the problem on your own.
Effective Solutions to Fix Epson Error Code 0xe5
We have arranged a few effective and hassle-free ways to eliminate Epson printer error code 0xe5 in minutes.
Follow the solutions until you revert your Epson printer back as it was earlier.
Method 1: Run the Epson Printer Software with Administrative Privileges
The primary method you need to perform is to run the printer’s software with administrative privileges as it helps to fix this kind of error.
Here are some of the tips, explained below to succeed in the task.
- Turn on your computer and open the Run window by pressing Windows+R key together.
- When the Run Command begins, type “services.msc” into the search panel and hit the Enter key to proceed.
- Locate the Epson Printer from the list and right-click on it to select the Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab on the next screen and click on the ‘Run Program as an Administrator’ option.
- Click on the Apply button and then on OK to save the changes you made.
Now, restart the Epson printer and see if the error code is still there.
If the issue is not fixed or still you are getting this error, try the next solution, discussed below.
Method 2: Reset the Epson Printer to Fix this Error
Resetting the printer often allows users to fix several error codes with their Epson printers. Follow the steps to do so.
- At first, turn off the Epson printer and take a tip of pen and long-press on the Reset button from the back of the printer.
- While pressing the Reset button, turn on the printer.
- Hold the Reset button for a couple of seconds more till a warning paper prints out automatically.
- Now, release the Reset button and then again a printout will come out with the IP address.
- As the reset is successful, change the IP address with a newer one that was written on the sheet.
Now, restart the printer and try printing a few pages to see if the error code is now all fixed. If it is not solved yet, you can try the following solution.
Method 3: Check the Ink Level or the Cartridge on your Epson Printer
You need to verify the ink level or the cartridge to see if there’s something wrong with it. Try the steps below to accomplish the task.
- Open the Printer Driver option and locate the Maintenance tab in it.
- Select the Epson Status Monitor 3 button from the bottom of the screen.
- At last, click on the Approximate Ink Levels button from the screen to check the Ink Levels of your Epson printer.
If there is sufficient ink left for your printer, try printing again and see if the issue is now fixed. If still, Epson printer error code 0xe5 continues, try the next solution, discussed below.
Method 4: Disable the Advanced Printing Features Option on your Epson Printer
Advanced printing service is an in-built feature that sometimes restricts the printer and results in this issue. You need to disable the feature and here are some steps are given below to do so.
- Turn on the printer and tap the Start button on the Print Server location.
- After that, press the down arrow key to locate the Settings option from the list.
- Select the Printers option from the next screen.
- After that, select the Advanced Tab and select the Disable Advanced Printing Features.
- Now, exit the settings and ensure logging is continuing as Normal.
Finally, try printing a new page to see if the Epson error code is now resolved.
Method 5: Check for the Paper Jams Problems on your Epson Printer
If none of the methods worked, then there might be a paper jam issue, preventing your printer to print. The following are the steps, given below to check if there are any paper jams on your Epson printer.
- Cancel the print job if necessary and simply pull out the Paper Cassette gently.
- Now, see if there is any jammed paper inside the tray, remove it carefully and insert the paper cassette.
- Now, restart the printer to see if the issue is now fixed and the printer is printing all good.
You can follow any of the steps we have discussed to Fix Epson error code 0xe5 quickly. In case, the error code still prompts even after performing the above steps, you need to reinstall the drivers as there might be a huge risk of the virus has corrupted the Printer’s software.
Finally, if you got further information to eliminate this error code, then let us know about your experience using the comment section.