The error notification “Canon printer paper won’t feed” is chronic. Paper feeding issue in Canon printers is quite usual and several users have experienced this. Though the error is general and it occurs every now and then, the process to fix this error is equally simple. The error is not so difficult to resolve and you can get the solution promptly. Besides, there are several reasons that can influence such an error in your Canon printer. Most probably, the issue can be linked to the media or paper condition. Also, it depends on the quality of the paper you are using in your Canon printer right now.
However, there are a lot of factors that go into the account when you think of the possible reasons that can wind up presenting you with Canon MG2520 won’t feed paper error in your device. So, before moving on to the solutions, we want you to be conscious of some of the most apparent reasons that can lead to printer feeding error in your Canon printer. Besides, we have put together several symptoms of the issue as well. Hence, we recommend you to go through the complete article right below.
Canon Printer Paper Won’t Feed | Possible Reasons
When it comes to resolving the Canon paper feeding error, you should know the different reasons behind the error. Besides, if you know the possible reasons for the issue, it will be easier for you to get rid of the error in a short time. For that, we have managed to display some of the most apparent reasons for the Canon paper feeding error right below. So, we suggest you have a look at them before proceeding to the solutions.
- The primary reason for the Canon paper feeding error can be the faulty cable connected to your Canon printer.
- Another most probable reason for the paper feeding error in Canon printers includes the paper tray. If there is an issue with your paper tray, you will probably get to experience this issue.
- Next, it might be something like you forgot to put a paper in the paper tray. Thus, your Canon printer shows the “paper won’t feed” error notification.
- Also, if there is a problem in selecting your default printer, it might result in paper feeding error.
- Apart from that, you might get this paper feeding error because of the faulty printer driver installed in your device. The device drivers are an important component of your device, so if you use a defective printer driver, it will result in many issues and one of them includes the paper feeding error.
- Another reason for the paper feeding error in your Canon printer can be the ink cartridges of your printer device. When the printer device detects lack of ink in the cartridges, it shows “paper won’t feed” error.
- Besides, paper feeding issue can arise due to the soiled or grimy paper feed rollers in your Canon printer.
- Also, when you envelop the paper in your Canon painter in a wrong way, the printer displays paper feeding error.
- Another possible reason can be the incorrect media type and paper size settings in your Canon printer that can stop the paper feeding.
- Last but not least, a paper jam is another most apparent reason for the paper feeding issue in your Canon printer.
Canon Printer Paper Won’t Feed | Symptoms
When your Canon printer shows the “Paper won’t feed” error notification, there are multiple issues you go through. Some of the most obvious symptoms of the paper feeding error, that you can find are given below.
- The very first thing that you encounter after the paper feeding error in your Canon printer is that it displays a constant error notification which says “Printer paper won’t feed” and your paper printing stops.
- Also, you get to see the paper jammed inside the Canon printer.
Canon MG2520 Won’t Feed Paper | Accurate Solutions
Now that you know the different approaches on which the paper feeding error in Canon printer can occur. Also, you are familiar with the symptoms of the error. So now, you can move to the solutions. Though there are many solutions to the paper feeding error in Canon printer, not all not all of them are equally useful. Hence, in this article, we have picked the most accurate fixes that will help you to get rid of the problem in no time. So, you can have a look at them right below.
Method 1: Check The Condition Of The Paper You Are Trying To Print
This is the very first method that you should try to resolve the paper feeding error in Canon printer. There are high chances that this error can occur because of the condition of the paper you are trying to print. Your printing process depends greatly on the type of paper you are using. If there is any problem with that, it will result in some errors affecting your printer. So, you can check the paper condition and reprint it once again. You can use the following steps to do so.
- First, remove the paper stack from your Canon printer paper tray.
- Next, you should use at least 25 sheets of clear white paper. This will form a stack of paper in your Canon printer.
- Here, make sure you align the edges of the paper stack and insert them into the paper tray and try to print again.
- Now, see if this resolve the paper feeding error in your Canon printer.
Method 2: Clean The Rollers
Another reason for the paper feeding error in your Canon printer can be the grimy paper fiber and debris inside your Canon printer. So, clean up your printer to fix the error. Note that before you clean the Canon printer, you must turn the machine off first. Besides, you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all, turn the Canon printer off. Then, you need to wait for a moment.
- Next, you can unplug the power cord from your Canon printing machine.
- Here, make sure that the paper is free and can easily turn.
- Now, you can move to the rear part of the printer and open it using the dial counter.
- Here, check the pressure rollers and make sure that the inside is clean and there is no sign of debris.
- Then, you can take out the unnecessary papers from the tray and install the rear access door once again.
- After that, you can again connect the power cord into the Canon printing machine to see if this method resolves the paper feeding error.
Method 3: Update The Printer Driver
Apart from that, the printer driver is a significant component of your Canon printing machine. And when you do not upgrade it, it becomes obsolete and several errors occur. Like every other device drivers, the printer driver also requires a periodical update to keep up with the system configuration. So, when you use an outdated printer driver, you encounter issues like paper feeding error. Thus, to get rid of this, you need to update your printer driver.
Method 4: Reset The Printer
Besides, if the previous methods failed to resolve the paper feeding error in your Canon printer, you can reset your printer to make it work like before again. For that, follow the steps right below.
- To begin with, you need to disconnect the power cord from your Canon printing machine.
- Next, you have to wait for a moment and then you can connect the power cord back again in your Canon printing machine.
- Now, hold and long press the power button in your Canon printer and check whether this method resolves the error.
Method 5: Change The Ink Cartridges
Also, the problem can be in your printer’s ink cartridges. When your printer runs out of ink, it can display Paper feeding error notification several times. However, you need to regularly check the ink cartridges for the amount of ink that a printer requires. So, if you detect a deficiency of ink, change the ink cartridges to fix the error. After changing the ink cartridges, you can see if your Canon printer works like before.
Method 6: Check The Cable Connection
Last but not least, you might encounter paper feeding error in your Canon printing machine because of the incorrect cable connection. If there is an issue with your cable connection, you won’t be able to print. So, the paper will be stuck displaying the “Canon printer paper won’t feed” error notification. Moreover, you can fix it by checking up the cable connection of your Canon printer.
Therefore, these are the most useful methods to resolve the “Canon printer paper won’t feed” error notification in your printing machine. So, we recommend you to implement them all one by one to get rid of the paper feeding error in your Canon printer immediately.