Epson Printers are a wide-ranging printing devices used by thousands of users across the world. The device comes with exceptional functionality in terms printing documents with faster speed ever. Here, in this blog, we will guide you on how to install Epson Printer drivers on Ubuntu 16.04. These steps are explained by Epson Printer Remote Support professional team.
Steps to install Epson Printer drivers on Ubuntu 16.04
Step 1: Download an appropriate printer driver for the printer device.
Step 2: Add a trusty repository feature:
- Open and get access to the terminal icon and type the command as shown here: “sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list”. It should be typed without codes
- Now, add the following lines right at the bottom of the file as “deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main”
- Users are suggested to save all the modification with the “Control+X”, “Y” and then, press the “enter” icon.
- Run the command as mentioned here: “sudo apt-get update’ without quotes
Step 3: Install lsb with
- Users are advised to type the command as “sudo apt-get install lsb” without nay quotes
Step 4: Install the printer driver
- Run the command as “sudo dpkg -i yourdriver.deb”
Step 5: Remove all of the trusty repos from the “sources.list” option
- Open and get access to the ‘terminal’ icon and type the command as “sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list”
- Remove all the lines from the bottom section of the file which will be “deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main”. type it without any quotes
- Save all of the changes made by you by pressing the “Control+X” and “Y” button and hit the “enter” icon
- Run the “sudo apt-get update” command now
Step 6: Add the printer
- This steps should be done by accessing the option “Printers > Add” option
Connect us at Epson Printer Customer Care Service for prompt responses
Get in touch with us at Epson Printer Customer Care Support section for immediate response to all your Epson printer queries. We are available 24*7 hours to assist users with the best possible solutions right at users’ desk. Feel free to approach us anytime and we are right there to assist you as and when needed.